Alcohol poisoning, could be very serious and potentially deadly, caused due to the consumption of too much alcohol within a short amount of time, which doesn’t allow your liver enough time to filter out all the toxins from your body.

To help alleviate the effects of alcohol poisoning, Activated Charcoal has been used to bind to and remove the chemicals and toxins from the body. While it doesn’t actually absorb the alcohol itself, it can definitely help flush out the toxins and keep someone from getting severely ill. People should absolutely call 911 if they suspect anyone may have alcohol poisoning.

In addition, studies have shown that taking Activated Charcoal during the consumption of alcohol can reduce the effect of alcohol on the blood. This may result in reduced hangover symptoms from alcohol consumption, but it’s definitely not something that should be used in place of drinking responsibly and must not be tried without a certified physician consultation.